Catechetical & Youth Ministry Leadership Training
Parish catechetical and youth ministry programs are directed and administered by catechetical and youth ministry leaders who are formed and certified by the Office of Catholic Faith Formation Services of the Diocese of Albany. Certification is determined by formal education, formation programs for this ministry and experience. On-going formation is offered through the Office of Catholic Faith Formation Services, St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry and diocesan and national formation opportunities.
Leadership Training & Certification
- OECFL Guidelines & Policies affecting parish Faith Formation programs
- Safe Environment program: Implementing the Charter for the Protection of Children & Young People
- General Forms for use in parish catechetical/youth ministry programs
The following forms are excerpted from the OECFL’s Administration, Safety & Crisis Management Guidelines & Policies for Parish Catechetical Programs and the OECFL’s Guidelines & Policies for Formation & Certification of Catechists, Youth Ministers and Catholic School Religion Teachers.
- Faith Formation Program Forms & Records
- Paperwork in Volunteer Recruitment/Retention Process
- Paperwork associated with formation and certification of catechists, youth ministers & school religion teachers
For further information and instructions on using any of these forms, please refer to the appropriate Guidelines & Policy resource (links to both are given at the top of this page).
Safety & Crisis Resources