Ministries and Committees
Serves as the visioning and planning body of the Parish in conjunction with the Pastor.
Responsible for planning visitations (including bringing Communion) to the sick or disabled, the homebound, hospitalized, isolated and alienated. Newly The Bereavement Sub-Committee - plans wake services and helps to identify the needs of the people within the parish and community. Also does CROP Walk, Shirt/Coat drive, Parish Picnic, School Supply Drive, Bread For The World, potluck suppers, etc.
A group of parishioners with knowledge of financial operations to assist and advise the pastor in making budgetary decisions.
Buildings & Grounds
(John Conte, Chairperson; Jim Briscoe, Joe Conte, Howard Gibbons, John Leach, Joe Van Leuven) Responsible for planning and maintaining parish properties.
Prayer & Worship
(Nancy Groat, Chairperson) Oversees the scheduling/ planning of Liturgical services.
(Lisanne Jensen, Chairperson (Director of Religious Ed.)) This group provides support and insights to the DRE regarding the total parish faith formation plan for adults, youth and children.
Preschool Advisory Committee
A group of parents and other interested individuals who provide support and share ideas with the Preschool staff.
• Altar Servers - (Training provided) Serve with Father at our Liturgical services.
• Eucharistic Ministers - (Training provided)
• Lectors - (Training provided)
• Ushers - (Training provided)
• Greeters – pass out bulletins as you welcome our fellow parishioners for Liturgy.
• Music (Instrumentalists/Choir/Cantors)
Behind the Scenes
• Altar Linens – Laundering and ironing for our Liturgies
• Sewing – Altar Linens (alterations, repairs, etc.)
• Sacristans (Training provided) Set up for liturgical services
• Offertory Collection Team (counts weekend mass collection monies)
• Breakfasts, Coffee Hours, etc.
Give of Yourself!
• Faith Formation Catechists/Substitutes ( Training provided)
• Parish Newsletter – Produce a parish newsletter on a quarterly basis.
• Marriage Preparation (Training provided) – mentoring offered for engaged couples
• Baptismal Preparation (Training provided) - prepare for the Sacrament of Baptism.
• Ministry to Hispanic Parishioners (Spanish not required) -See Father O’Connor.
• Prayer Chain
• Visit the homebound
• Bring communion to the homebound or to parishioners in nursing homes
• Join the Evangelization team
• Be part of a team who attends wake service
• Send out greeting cards for special milestones - birth, marriage, death, anniversary
• Assist Pastor with drives such as: Bread For Life; Alight Center
• Small Faith Sharing Groups –join a small groups to reflect on scripture.
• Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults – mentoring others for membership in the Catholic Church.