Habitat for Humanity Project
Mater Christi is the first Catholic Parish in the Capital Region to sponsor a Habitat for Humanity House.
The Parish of Mater Christi will sponsor a Habitat for Humanity Capital District (H4H) house to be built in the South End of Albany at 64 Delaware Street. This house is part of H4H's "Morton's Walk on Alexander" which will build sixteen two story row houses on Alexander and Delaware streets reflecting the historic architecture of the neighborhood.
As a sponsor we will raise and donate $25,000 to go toward the building of the home.
H4H is a non-profit ecumenical Christian organization dedicated to eliminating sub-standard housing.
Clients of H4H must meet certain criteria to qualify for a HfH house.
1. Paying 30% or more of gross income for rent
2. Living in substandard, unhealthy or unsafe housing
3. Unable to qualify for a conventional home financing
4. Have the ability to repay H4H zero interest mortgage over 20 to 30 years
5. Required to put in 350 hours of “sweat equity” during home construction or other H4H related work
Photos of Project Location