| Parish Finance Council
St. Anthony’s Finance Committee acts in an advisory capacity to assist our Pastor in the financial
administration of the parish. The Finance Committee is also responsible for the effective
stewardship of the entire parish within the context of the mission of St. Anthony’s parish, Gospel
values and overall parish goals.
The Finance Committee currently consists of four members, two of which are Trustees. The
Committee has scheduled quarterly meetings with our Pastor Fr. Francis, Parish Business
Manager Suzanne Turner and part-time Certified Public Accountant Mike Markham every
February, May, August and November.
This Finance Committee was formed in May 2010. Since then and in addition to addressing all
financial matters, the Committee has also taken on the role and responsibilities of a Facilities
Manager. Responsibilities include the planning and execution of capital improvements for St.
Anthony’s Church, Rectory, Roarke Center, Parish Hall and St. Peter’s Cemetery. Aside from
formal quarterly meetings, the Committee meets on an as needed basis relative to current and
pending issues and events.
Some changes and accomplishments that have been achieved since 2010 regarding
administrative and building improvements are as follows:
To learn more about the latest parish update regarding St. Anthony’s Capital Improvements and finance status, please see the attached December 2016 bulletin insert.
- Hired CPA and replaced “QuickBooks” with “PDS” Software to improve financial
tracking and budgeting that is consistent with other Diocesan Catholic churches.
- Identified facilities repair issues / approach is trying to be proactive, not reactive in
- Conducted a buildings assessment survey outlining repair and replacement work and
preliminary cost estimates for all four buildings.
- Initiated a $100K Capital Improvements Campaign and exceeded our parish goal.
- Renovated the kitchen in the Parish Hall and replaced cracked Church sidewalks.
- Upgraded audio and security systems in St. Anthony’s Church.
- Replaced Roarke Center roof, as leaking roof was affecting Catholic Charities programs.
- Replaced Rectory high roof, as leaking roof had damaged interior floors below making
unlivable conditions for our parish priests.
- Replaced St. Peter’s Cemetery maintenance manager, renegotiated contract and salary.
- Replaced Cemetery furnace, renovated mausoleum & crucifix and implemented life
safety road improvements.
- Obtained Funds from the Roman Catholic Albany Diocesan that involved the closure of
St. Peter’s & St. Patrick’s Churches.
Dr. Frank Lanzillo
Gene Sestito – Trustee
Rich LaRose – President & Trustee