A three-year National Eucharistic Revival began in the United States on 19th June 2022 (the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ). The aim of the Revival is to renew the Church by promoting and developing a living relationship with our Lord in the Eucharist. The Revival has a number of phases:
Diocesan Year (2022-2023)
Parish Year (2023-2024)
Year of Going Out on Mission (2024-2025)
The Revival will culminate in a National Eucharistic Congress in Indianapolis from 17th-21st July 2024. Some helpful information can be found at www.EucharisticRevival.org
The Eucharist and the Saints: We have opportunity to receive the Eucharist at every Mass, but do we fully appreciate what a beautiful and powerful gift it is? Sr. Teresa Grace Baillargeon brings the beauty of the sacrament to life in this presentation, delivered on Wednesday, November 16, 2022, at Corpus Christi Church in Round Lake.
THE CHURCH, THE BODY OF CHRIST, ALSO PRAYS WITH THE BODY!
Below are links to a 3-part series Rev. Anthony Barratt wrote for The Evangelist in February & March of 2018. He explains why Catholics stand, or sit, or kneel during Mass and what role our body position plays in our prayer.
- Gestures and Posture at Mass and Prayer – Part 1 (Evangelist – Thurs, Feb 22, 2018)
- Gestures and Posture at Mass and Prayer – Part 2 (Evangelist – Thurs, March 8, 2018)
- Gestures and Posture at Mass and Prayer – Part 3 (Evangelist – Thurs, March 15, 2018)
REFLECTIONS ON THE EUCHARIST
Below are links to a four-part series that Rev. Anthony Barratt put together for parishioners while pastor at St. Ambrose Church in Latham in March of 2015. The series looks at the richness of the Eucharist and the Mass, hoping to help Catholics to grow in their appreciation for those great gifts and to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Reflections on the Eucharist – Part 1
- Reflections on the Eucharist – Part 2
- Reflections on the Eucharist – Part 3
- Reflections on the Eucharist – Part 4
This is My Body: A Pastoral Letter on the Holy Eucharist by Bishop Edward B. Scharfenberger
(3 versions: illustrated, pdf, Spanish translation all found here https://www.rcda.org/EncounterJesus - This Pastoral Letter came out in 2019, after the 2018 Eucharistic Congress at the Shrine in Auriesville.
Perpetual Adoration Chapels in Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany
- St Augustine’s, Troy
- Church of the Holy Spirit, Gloversville
- Our Lady of Victory Adoration Chapel, Hudson