The feasts of All Saints and All Souls focus on remembering our beloved dead, especially the Communion of Saints, both known and unknown. It was fitting, then, that relics from around the Diocese were given a new resting place at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception on November 1, the Feast of All Saints. The relics were deposited in the Cathedral altar during Solemn Mid-Afternoon prayer, at which time everyone present received the opportunity to venerate the relics.
Also available for veneration was a relic of the True Cross of Christ which had been given to the Cathedral by Pope Pius IX in 1877.
Photos by Kate Costello