Mission: To go and make modern day disciples
In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus gives the mandate: “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.”
Bringing people to Jesus by spreading the Joy of the Gospel is our mission. That sounds great, but how do you do that? Our diocesan evangelization efforts are focused on working in the vineyard as laborers with parish leaders to brainstorm, strategize, and implement evangelization action plans.
The foundation of our evangelization strategy is comprised of four pillars as we embark on making modern day disciples:
- A healthy spiritual environment is the foundation for successful evangelization
- Small faith-sharing groups are critical to spiritual growth
- Focus more on a personal relationship with Jesus, less on the institution and its rules
- Meet people where they are and accompany them on their faith journey
- Have the fortitude to share our faith
- Be opportunistic about faith-sharing
- Parishes must have a welcoming culture
- Welcome everyone into the church the way you would into your own home
The implementation of evangelization strategies are personal and unique to each parish. Please contact Tom Cronin via the email links on the left to discuss an approach that will work for your parish in order to grow our Church and make modern day disciples.