"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."
A survivor has written: "when you meet one survivor, you've met one survivor."
Each victim survivor of abuse and trauma has his or her own story. The circumstances leading to abuse or trauma may have similarities, but each is unique. The path forward is also unique for each person.
This Hope & Healing page provides information about events and resources that aim to address the different needs of survivors. If you have additional ideas or resources, or if you find anything on this page problematic, we would appreciate hearing from you. And please, reach out if you need assistance accessing care: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope & Healing Masses
Once a month, a regularly scheduled parish Mass in one Vicariate (geographical region) of our Diocese will be devoted to the topic of healing from abuse and trauma. After Mass, we will have resources available for attendees, including counselors trained in abuse and trauma and information for local resources. You are invited to join us:
Sunday, December 18th, 2022, 10:00am Mass
St. Pius X
23 Crumitie Rd.
Loudonville, NY 12211
Celebrant and homilist: Bishop Edward B. Scharfenberger
This section will be regularly updated as events are scheduled.
If you are looking for resources within your own Vicariate (geographical location), please click on the following links.
- Adirondack Vicariate (Washington, Warren, & Northern Saratoga Counties)
- Beverwyck Vicariate (Albany County)
- Hudson Valley Vicariate (Columbia & Greene Counties)
- Leatherstocking Vicariate (Deleware, Otsego, & Schoharie Counties)
- Mohawk Valley Vicariate (Fulton, Herkimer, & Montgomery Counties)
- Taconic Vicariate (Rensselaer & Eastern Albany Counties)
- Twin Rivers Vicariate (Schenectady & Southern Saratoga Counties)
Prayers & Spiritual Resources
Some people find individual and group counseling to be of great help. Please reach out to us if you would like assistance in finding a counselor:
Frederick Jones, Assistance Coordinator
State & Federal Resources
RCDA Hope and Healing Committee Members
- Father Robert Longobucco, Vicar General, Pastor at St. Kateri Tekakwitha Parish
- Ann Marie Carswell, Process Coordinator for Diocesan Review Board and Assistance Office
- Frederick Jones, Diocesan Assistance Coordinator
- Deacon Gary Riggi
- Father Matthew Duclos
- Mary Fay, Associate Director for Marriage Formation Ministry and Family Life Coordinator of Pastoral Care Ministries
- Kathy Barrans, Director of Communications