Interim Team Leaders have been appointed to the following parishes and are effective immediately: St. Mary’s and Sacred Heart, Albany, St. Mary’s, Cooperstown, St. Clement’s, Saratoga, St. Cecilia’s, Warrensburg, Notre Dame/Visitation, Schuylerville, St. Joseph’s, Greenwich and Christ Sun of Justice, Troy.
Interim teams will consist of two individuals: a retired priest or a priest on special assignment for sacramental needs and a parish administrator. The priest will generally have weekend responsibilities and may occasionally assist with funerals. The parish administrator will be at the parish on site on a part-time basis to oversee, assist with, and evaluate parish operations during the interim period. The administrator will also invite key diocesan personnel to visit and support the parish with the various aspects of parish life.
The interim leadership team will serve as the liaison between the diocese and the parish. Parish operations, procedures, and personnel are not expected to change during the interim period.
The following interim teams have been announced:
- St. Mary’s, Albany – Fr. Michael Flannery and Andrew Grebe, Administrator
- Sacred Heart, Albany – Fr. Michael Flannery and Andrew Grebe, Administrator
- St. Mary’s, Cooperstown – Fr. Peter Pagones and Karen Walker, Administrator
- St. Clement’s, Saratoga – Fr. Juanito Asprec and Dcn. Gary Picher, Administrator
- St. Cecilia’s, Warrensburg – Fr. Paul Cox and Fr. Michael Melanson, Administrator
- Notre Dame/Visitation, Schuylerville – Fr. Ed Kacerguis and Stephen Mawn, Administrator
- St. Joseph’s, Greenwich – Fr. Ed Kacerguis and Stephen Mawn, Administrator
- Christ Sun of Justice, Troy – Fr. John Cronin and Dcn. Joseph Romand, Administrator