Research is free for parishes and Diocesan offices and institutions seeking information from the Archives. Additionally, there is no fee for individuals or tribunals seeking records for sacramental purposes.
All fees must be paid before researchers receive their final product or research findings. Payment may be in the form of check or cash. No credit cards are accepted. Checks should be made payable to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany. Please note Archives in the subject line.
No fee will be charged for general research requests that can be answered within 30 minutes.
- $10 per request for sacramental record information for genealogical purposes
- $25 per hour for general research (includes cost only of photocopies)
- $5 on-site research fee
United States copyright laws apply to all duplicated materials.
- $.25 per copy for 8.5”x11” and 8.5”x14”
- $.35 per copy for 11”x17”
Sacramental records will not be photocopied.
- $5 per image for low resolution scans (72dpi)
- $10 per image for editorial print quality scans (300dpi) o $15 per image for high resolution scans (600dpi)
- $20 per image for super high resolution scans (800dpi)
Please note that obtaining a photographic reproduction from the Archives does not constitute permission to publish that photograph. Permission to use material does not include the right to publish these materials. Written permission must be obtained from the Diocesan Archivist before material is published, reprinted, or duplicated in any way.
- $50 per image used within the text of a printed book, magazine, newsletter, journal, catalogue or newspaper article
- $70 per image used on the cover of a printed book, magazine, newsletter, journal, catalogue or newspaper
- $70 per image on a printed exhibition panel, or as an exhibition image, for display in a public or private museum, cultural site, or historical site
- $70 per image used within an e-book or within the e-book version of a printed publication;
- $70 per image used within a CD-ROM or within the CD-ROM version of a print publication;
- $70 per image used on a website or in a mobile application
- $100 per image used within a film to be broadcast on a television station or through non-traditional methods including internet streaming
- $100 per image used within a film on video and/or DVD